Why is self-esteem such an elusive bugger?
Sometimes we feel good, but sometimes we fail ourselves especially in the presence of others.
Here are six suggestions to rebuild your self-esteem:
- Engage in activities that give you satisfaction but that do not involve being with others.
- Exercise, meditate, and walk alone to bring the focus back to yourself.
- Are you aware of your inner child? She needs some adult supervision and even reparenting. Talk you her in nurturing and loving ways, as you would to a real child. Stay in parent mode.
- Give yourself much needed attention and pampering – you know, that that you give others, give to yourself.
- Seek a coach regularly to learn how to discuss your own problems.
- Value the love that is in your life instead of focussng on what’s mission